Types Of Online Advertising

Online advertising is of different types, and it can sometimes become hard to decide the most suitable one for your business. From SEO to Display Ads to PPC, this serves as a guide to online advertising.

1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are types of online advertising that increase visibility and promote content through searches. SEM doesn’t pay for the actual ad but instead pay every time the users click on the ad to the respective website. With SEO various tactics are used such as meta descriptions, targeting keywords, linking, and creating good quality content that other sites can link to.

2. Display Advertising

This type of advertising makes use of text and images. The most commonly used forms of display ads are popups, landing pages (LP’s) and banners. As compared to other ads, display ads are different in that they don’t appear in search results. They’re usually found on blogs and websites to redirect the attention of the user to the company’s products.

3. Social Media

Social media advertising has been growing every year. Social media advertising is of two types: organic and paid. Using paid ads, sponsored stories or promoted posts are a common way to reach more targeted customers of the company.

4. Pay Per Click (PPC)

Pay per click (PPC) ads are quite obvious just by their name. These are the types of ads that advertisers pay for only when users decide to click on them, which in turn contributes to the effectiveness of PPC as a tool. PPC ads are usually text, without or with a little image. Statistics also indicate that 64.6% of online buyers click on Google ads before buying an item.

different types of online advertising
5. Native Advertising

They’re the sponsored ads usually at the bottom of Facebook posts or a blog. Sometimes, they can be suggestions of what other people liked or other recommended posts with suggested examples that users can click on.

6. Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing is the process involved in advertising a company’s product while being paid a commission for every sale made. It’s a 3-party advertising contract between the publisher, advertiser, and consumer. It’s mainly a preference for those bloggers who have a huge following and require gaining passive income.

7. Re-marketing

Re-marketing is a cookie-based technology that closely followers the user all over the internet to re-market her/him again. Statistics indicate that on the first visit, only 2% of web traffic converts. The remaining 98% are targeted as soon as they live the website with ads that remind them of their previous interests.

8. Video Ads

This type of advertising is growing in popularity. YouTube, which is the largest platform for videos, has already started putting in to practice video ad strategies. With targeting, customization, and analytics, businesses are looking forward to the video ad genre.

There’s always a solution for your business no matter your needs in online advertising. If you’re on a tight budget, you can begin with an SEO advertising strategy or an organic social media strategy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *